The department carries out educational, methodical and scientific activities in the specialty 125 “Cybersecurity” for the educational program “Information and Communication Systems Security” (ICSS) for the bachelor’s, master’s levels of higher education and the Ph.D.’s level of doctorate in day, correspondence, distance learning, and retraining and advanced training of specialists in the provision of services in the field of technical protection of information in the area of
- “Information Security”,
- “Information security protection”,
- “Certification of complexes of technical protection of information”.
Graduates receive skills and competencies in:
- the design, implementation, support of integrated information security systems, secure electronic document systems and electronic document management, e-commerce, banking and payment systems, the development of secure software in C / C ++ / C # / JAVA / PHP;
- examination, standardization and certification of information security systems and systems;
- management of information security on the objects of information activities in government bodies, the State Service for Special Communications and Information Protection of Ukraine, scientific and production associations, fuel and energy sector, large IT – companies.
Research directions are the creation of comprehensive information security systems, software, software and hardware cryptographic information protection, secure information technologies for data transmission, processing and storage, assessment of the current state of organizations’ security, investigation of incidents of information security breaches, development of proposals for minimizing risks and threats.